Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
From Jillian Michaels, one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser T.V. show.
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces steel cut oats, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (or to taste, but don't use more than 1/2 tsp. or the flavor will be too strong)
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate overnight to soften the oats.
- Serve straight from the refrigerator!
My husband and I love this recipe! It is really good with fresh or thawed frozen fruit (usually blueberries). I discovered this recipe in Jillian Michaels, "Making the Cut" along with many other great recipes. We have developed some modifications - I add 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon All Spice and depending upon whether I use plain or sweetened yogurt I add up to 1/4 cup Splenda and I always double the vanilla.
I really enjoyed this. It's so easy to mix up the night before. It's just me that will eat this, and I enjoyed the leftovers, too. Thanks.
This is a very healthy way to start the day! I really liked how the steel-cut oatmeal blended into the mixture so perfectly. It's a nice combination and very filling. I halved the recipe and have two big servings for my breakfasts. Thanks!