Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has been a family favorite for years, and is great over toast, or bisquik drop biscuits.
- 1 lb ground beef (lean or fat, it's all yummy)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (just eyeball the amount)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
- salt and pepper
- toasted bread
- Brown beef in a big honkin' skillet.
- When beef is almost done, throw in the chopped onions and brown as well.
- Drain off fat if it makes you feel better about this unhealthy meal.
- Combine corn starch and about 1/2 cup of the milk (don't bother measuring the amount) in blender and set aside.
- Add remaining ingedients to skillet, in order.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- While stirring, add in the milk/cornstarch mixture slowly, a small amount at a time.
- Continue simmering and adding milk/starch mixture until desired thickness is reached.
Not just for breakfast, great anytime you are in a hurry and have thawed burger.Kids loved it and hubby too.