Recipe by Enjolinfam
My family loves this granola! We usually mix about 1/4-1/3 cup of it in a smoothie for breakfast every morning because it tastes so great with the smoothie and it lasts us a couple of weeks this way. Tastes great on its own or mixed with your favorite cereal also. You can also add some raisins after its finished baking.
- 1 -2 cup coconut
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped almonds (or whatever else you have on hand) or 1 cup pecans (or whatever else you have on hand) or 1 cup walnuts (or whatever else you have on hand)
- 1 cup water
- nutmeg, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix coconut, oats, wheat germ, salt, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add honey, vanilla, oil, and water.
- Mix well again squishing and compacting with both hands.
- Place granola on 2 cooking pans, can make some clumps and some flat, and cook at 150°C (300°F).
- Take granola out every 10-15 minutes to mix on pan so it doesn't burn.
- Cook until dry and has started to turn slightly brown throughout. Can take 1-2 hours (or more) to bake (I usually double the recipe and cook on 4 pans throughout the day to have more stored because of the long cooking time).