Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing start for the day. Try it with muffin.
Make and share this Breakfast Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 apple, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1 pear, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, cut in half (seedless)
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced peaches, in pear juice,drained,discard juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cardamom (optional)
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Toss to mix.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, applesauce,salt and cardomon, mix well.
- Pour yogurt mixture over fruit and toss gently to coat.
- Chill well and lightly toss again before serving.
I took your idea and ran with it. Apples, bananas, pineapple, mandarin oranges, walnuts, lime (sprinkled over fruit), yogurt, a little pineapple juice, vanilla and cardamom. I think it will go over well at the cookout. Thanks!
We loved this one. I sliced the apple, pear AND grapes in my processor and otherwise followed. My DH says "put it in the favorites" so there you have it. Thanks for the healthy keeper !
This fruit salad was good. I used apple juice and the optional cardamon. I was surprised that my husband ate this because he isn't a big fan of yogurt but he did ask if I made this again to use vanilla yogurt. Thanks Derf. Bullwinkle