Recipe by Evie*
Something a little different
Top Review by Derf
Thanks Eve, we really enjoyed this for 02/10/02 breaky!! I did make a couple of changes.I used fresh grapefruit sections, and left out the maraschino cherries, simply because we don't care for them. Also left out the 1/4 cup sugar (diabetic), it was wonderfull anyway, there is a lot of natural sweetness in the fruit juices and it was surprizingly sweet and nice thickened. Actuallly I think it would have been too sweet with the added sugar. We will do this one again!!
- 1 (420 g) can peaches, juice reserved
- 1 (420 g) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1 (420 g) canquartered pears, juice reserved
- 1 (420 g) can grapefruit sections, juice discarded
- 1 can mandarin segment, juice discarded
- 20 maraschino cherries, quartered
- 2 cups reserved juices (plus water if needed)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peach slices and grapefruit segments in half, place in bowl.
- Add pineapple chunks, quartered pears, and mandarins.
- Add cherries and toss.
- Stir reserved juices, cornflour and sugar in saucepan.
- Heat and stir until it boils and thickens.
- Stir into fruit.
- Serve and enjoy.