Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is great for low carb dieters
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 8 eggs
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- melt butter in frying pan over medium heat Add onion and stir for 2 min add red pepper and jalepeno cook 2 minute more.
- remove from heat In a large bowl whisk eggs stir in cheese tabasco and seasoning add onion mixture.
- bake in oven at 350 degrees whisk before pouring in to 9 inch pie plate sprayed with Pam.
- If making ahead wait until the onion mixture has cooled before adding cover and refridgerate overnight if desired.
I had this for a lighter dinner and enjoyed it very much. It has a fairly heavy texture but still very nice. I added a mushroom and cut the recipe in half.