Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is great for low carb dieters
Make and share this Breakfast Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- melt butter in frying pan over medium heat Add onion and stir for 2 min add red pepper and jalepeno cook 2 minute more.
- remove from heat In a large bowl whisk eggs stir in cheese tabasco and seasoning add onion mixture.
- bake in oven at 350 degrees whisk before pouring in to 9 inch pie plate sprayed with Pam.
- If making ahead wait until the onion mixture has cooled before adding cover and refridgerate overnight if desired.
I had this for a lighter dinner and enjoyed it very much. It has a fairly heavy texture but still very nice. I added a mushroom and cut the recipe in half.