Top Review by Cooks2Please
First off, I did not follow the recipe exactly. I popped my potatoes into the microwave and cooked them until tender.From start to finish - I used 1 well seasoned cast iron frying pan. I used 2 tblspoons of butter and added a little oil, to cook the onions and peppers.Then I added the cut up potatoes. For the eggs, I used the whole eggs with 2 Tblspoons of water, instead of the milk. I did not let this cook on the top of the stove, I cooked it in the oven with no problems. If you have a well seasoned cast iron pan, it works better than any other. This is an easy and yummy quick recipe.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 small red bell peppers or 2 small green bell peppers, cut into strips (about 1= cups)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion strip
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 6 small red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1= cups)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- to taste fresh parsley sprig (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a 9 or 10-inch nonstick, heat-proof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add bell peppers and red and green onion; sauti until vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes; cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, milk, and salt. Add remaining oil to skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cover and cook until eggs are set around edges but center is still loose, about 8 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently loosen egg mixture from sides of pan.
- Place skillet on the broiler ra ck; broil 4 inches from heat until frittata is golden brown, about 1 minute. Gently slide frittata onto a plate; cut into wedges.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.