My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 small red bell peppers or 2 small green bell peppers, cut into strips (about 1= cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion strip
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 6 small red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1= cups)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- to taste fresh parsley sprig (for garnish)
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2In a 9 or 10-inch nonstick, heat-proof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add bell peppers and red and green onion; sauti until vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add potatoes; cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, milk, and salt. Add remaining oil to skillet and reduce heat to low.
- 5Pour in egg mixture. Cover and cook until eggs are set around edges but center is still loose, about 8 minutes.
- 6Using a rubber spatula, gently loosen egg mixture from sides of pan.
- 7Place skillet on the broiler ra ck; broil 4 inches from heat until frittata is golden brown, about 1 minute. Gently slide frittata onto a plate; cut into wedges.
- 8Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g