Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect filling start to the day this frittata contains all the breakfast faves of sausages, eggs and is served with baked beans!
- butter, for frying
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 links pork sausage, cooked and sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounces baked beans, cooked
- Preheat the broiler to its highest setting.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions and garlic and gently fry for 15-20 minutes, until soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Add the sliced sausages to the pan and stir well.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and thyme together in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the sausage and onion mixture and gently stir over a medium heat for ten minutes.
- Transfer to the broiler to cook for five minutes, or until set and golden-brown.
- To serve, turn the frittata out onto a large plate and cut into quarters. Serve the portions on clean plates with a generous spoonful of baked beans.