Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My cousin started this recipe when we were Tweens and I kept on making it when I moved away. Now I work as a cook and I have to make this everytime I work for co-workers and customers.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced can use 1/2 Red Pepper too
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled over night if possible
- garlic powder, to taste
- soy sauce, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten can use 2 if you want
- In a frying pan over medium heat cook bacon until 1/2 cooked, drain off the fat. You only want to drain when half cooked because it add so much flavor to the end dish.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper and green onion. Saute a couple minutes, stirring from time to time.
- When you are ready to add the rice the bacon should be almost fully cooked Add rice, sprinkle on garlic powder, and soy sauce, add beaten egg, and stir occasionally until rice is hot and egg is cooked.
- Don't be too shy with the garlic powder, It adds a lot of flavor, actually when I make it for myself I prefer more garlic powder than my serving dish. One cashier likes it with out the soy and garlic another with out soy. The one who likes it plain eats hers with tabasco sauce. I usually shake it all over the rice, then same with the soy.
Delicious quick meal...
I agree this recipe is a great way to use leftover rice from the night before. I did the ingredients as listed, including the soy sauce, and it came out wonderful. It made more servings that indicated so I had tasty leftovers the next morning. Thanks for sharing.
This was really good. A great way to use up leftover rice and have something different for breakfast. I didn't have bacon so used breakfast sausage instead, fried in bacon grease. I wasn't brave enough to do the soy sauce. Maybe next time.