Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you're tired of eggs for breakfast, give this one a shot. It will stick with you longer than you think. It's a great surprise to serve your special one in bed on Valentine's Day.
- 1 cup Quaker Oats
- 16 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Toss everything together into a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least overnight.
- You can leave it in for two days.
- For a flashy presentation, serve in a tall parfait glass.
- Garnish with fruit like strawberries, kiwi, bananas, etc.
- Top off with a sprig of fresh mint.
Delicious! I recommend toasting the slivered almonds and sprinkling them on top when served vs mixing them in, but either way, this was great!
This was surprisingly good. Next time I will add a little vanilla extract. I topped it with bananas, more strawberries and chopped pecans.
I'm giving this 5 stars b/c it was so darn easy! Flavor was what I expected. Texture was the same as cooked, hot oatmeal and soaking it in the fruit & yougurt made it quite sweet, but not any sweeter than the pre-packaged fruit oatmeals out there. Certainly a keeper for us. Great for hectic school mornings!