Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a great breakfast for those holiday guests.
Make and share this Breakfast Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g hot pork sausage
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- 3.69 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 64 inch flour tortillas
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 236.59 ml guacamole
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml butter
- 78.07 ml flour
- 709.77 ml milk
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 127.57 g can green chilies
- 3.69 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To prepare cheese sauce melt 1/3 cup butter in a saucepan. whisk in flour until smooth whisking constantly for 1 minute.
- gradually whisk in milk cooking, whisking constantly for five minutes.
- remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese, green chilies and 3/4 teaspoons salt. keep on warm until ready to use.
- to prepare enchiliadas, cook sausage in a nonstick skillet, crumbling sausage as you cook it.
- drain well.
- melt 2 tablespoons butter in a Large skillet. add 4 of the green onions and 2 tablespoons cilantro and saute one minute.
- add eggs salt and pepper without stirring until eggs begin to set at bottom.
- draw a spatula across bottom to form large curds.
- continue to cook until eggs are thickened but still moist. do not stir constantly.
- remove from heat and gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese sauce and the sausage.
- spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture down each flour tortilla, roll up.
- place seam side down in a lightky greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- spoon cheese sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with pepper jack cheese.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- top with grape tomatoes and rest of green onions and cilantro.
- serve with guacomole and sour cream.