This makes a great breakfast for those holiday guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 64 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2To prepare cheese sauce melt 1/3 cup butter in a saucepan. whisk in flour until smooth whisking constantly for 1 minute.
- 3gradually whisk in milk cooking, whisking constantly for five minutes.
- 4remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese, green chilies and 3/4 teaspoons salt. keep on warm until ready to use.
- 5to prepare enchiliadas, cook sausage in a nonstick skillet, crumbling sausage as you cook it.
- 6drain well.
- 7melt 2 tablespoons butter in a Large skillet. add 4 of the green onions and 2 tablespoons cilantro and saute one minute.
- 8add eggs salt and pepper without stirring until eggs begin to set at bottom.
- 9draw a spatula across bottom to form large curds.
- 10continue to cook until eggs are thickened but still moist. do not stir constantly.
- 11remove from heat and gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese sauce and the sausage.
- 12spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture down each flour tortilla, roll up.
- 13place seam side down in a lightky greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 14spoon cheese sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with pepper jack cheese.
- 15bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- 16top with grape tomatoes and rest of green onions and cilantro.
- 17serve with guacomole and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.6
- Calories from Fat 574
- Total Fat 63.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 466.5 mg
- Sodium 1749.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: