Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a great breakfast for those holiday guests.
Make and share this Breakfast Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 64 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To prepare cheese sauce melt 1/3 cup butter in a saucepan. whisk in flour until smooth whisking constantly for 1 minute.
- gradually whisk in milk cooking, whisking constantly for five minutes.
- remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese, green chilies and 3/4 teaspoons salt. keep on warm until ready to use.
- to prepare enchiliadas, cook sausage in a nonstick skillet, crumbling sausage as you cook it.
- drain well.
- melt 2 tablespoons butter in a Large skillet. add 4 of the green onions and 2 tablespoons cilantro and saute one minute.
- add eggs salt and pepper without stirring until eggs begin to set at bottom.
- draw a spatula across bottom to form large curds.
- continue to cook until eggs are thickened but still moist. do not stir constantly.
- remove from heat and gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese sauce and the sausage.
- spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture down each flour tortilla, roll up.
- place seam side down in a lightky greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- spoon cheese sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with pepper jack cheese.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- top with grape tomatoes and rest of green onions and cilantro.
- serve with guacomole and sour cream.