Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a cross between an enchilada and huevos rancheros. Scrambled eggs are combined with seasoned ground beef and wrapped inside a tortilla, which is partially covered with salsa and cheese and baked. I thought something like this would already be posted, but alas, it is not.
- Heat butter over low heat in a large skillet and add scrambled eggs; cook until set and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in skillet, season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; add broth and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Pour half the salsa in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Place about 1/8 cup ground beef and 1/8 cup scrambled egg in each tortilla; roll up and place in baking dish seam side down.
- Top with remaining salsa, sprinkle with cheese, and bake at 350F until heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
This was great! I used a few different ingredients, but this gave me a great starting point. I used Jimmy Dean sausage instead of the ground beef, and subbed in enchilada sauce instead of the salsa. I also used cheese in the enchiladas as well as on top. These were delicious and went fast!