Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is so gringo it is unreal, but I like the name and that is what they look like. ;) I thought this up because I wanted to make the same ol thing different. I think changing the stuffing will be fun to try... Tell me what you come up with.
- cook bacon and scramble eggs.
- flatten refrigerated biscuts into large circles.
- place cheese in center.
- crumble bacon on cheese.
- place some scrambled egg.
- fold over biscut and press with a fork to seal the "empanada".
- bake as directed for the biscuts and viola!
These are nice, and they would be great on a brunch buffet. I love how they look! I did change mine a little. I used 4 eggs for 6 biscuits, and scrambled the eggs with a green onion and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. I just served the bacon on the side as well as some salsa. I also reheated some of these later, and they reheated very well, individually wrapped in foil on a cookie sheet. These will be a great make ahead meal. Thanks for posting this idea. Made for My-3-Chefs event.