These tasty pockets can be made ahead of time and frozen. Just pop in the microwave and enjoy a hot breakfast in a minute. Great for kids and adults on the go. You can also customize the recipe to add your favorite ingredients (ideas: bacon, mushrooms, spinach, Swiss cheese, etc.).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, whisk eggs, soup, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2Heat skillet to med-high and saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- 3Add sausage to skillet. Brown sausage with onion, turning meat often so it is small crumbles.
- 4Drain grease off.
- 5Add scramble egg mixture to the sausage mixture and scramble, stirring frequently.
- 6Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 7Mix in cheese.
- 8Fill pita pockets with mixture and stand in a pan.
- 9Wrap filled pockets in wax paper and place in gallon size freezer bags.
- 11To serve, take a frozen pocket out of the freezer. Take off wax paper. Place pocket on a plate. Cover with paper towel and microwave for 60-90 seconds. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Egg & Sausage Pita Pockets - Heat-N-Go!
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 196.3 mg
- Sodium 610.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.9 g