Recipe by Cynna
Everyone's heard of breakfast burritos, and this is a bit of a variation on that idea. This is extremely simple and satisfying! I had leftover egg roll skins and got a little creative in the kitchen. This is the recipe I made, but you could take and fill these with a wide array of breakfast offerings. This would be a really interesting addition to a brunch table.
- 6 egg roll wraps
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cremini mushroom, diced
- 6 tablespoons sour cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan or fry daddy to 350°F.
- Place egg roll skin on clean, dry surface.
- Smear 1 tbsp of sour cream in middle of skin.
- Sprinkle some of the mushrooms on top of sour cream, followed by a pinch of salt.
- In ramekin, mix together 1 egg with 1 tbsp of milk.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 50 seconds, on high.
- Break up scrambled egg with fork and place egg evenly on top of mushrooms and sour cream.
- Sprinkle eggs with shredded cheese and a little more mushroom.
- Add another pinch of salt on top of mushrooms (this helps mushrooms to soften).
- Moisten edges of egg roll skin and wrap up, envelope-style, making certain all edges are well sealed.
- Place in oil and cook until well browned.
- When finished, remove to paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!