1/1 Photo of Breakfast Egg Nests
WI Cheesehead's Note:
Looking for more versatile breakfast recipes? I got this from Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to lowest position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Coat 6 (6 oz) ramekins with cooking spray and place on sheet pan.
- 3Flatten each bread slice with a rolling pin to 1/8-inch thickness and place in ramekins, pressing against bottom and sides, and overlapping where necessary.
- 4Combine mushrooms, green onion and tarragon in small bowl; season with salt and pepper and divide among ramekins.
- 5Break 1 egg carefully into each ramekin; top with cheese and paprika; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Bake 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pan after 10 minutes, or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are still creamy. Bake slightly longer for hard cooked yolks.
- 7Cool on rack 2 minutes, then unmold, and transfer to serving plates.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Egg Nests
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 217.0 mg
- Sodium 230.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.1 g