Recipe by Outta Here
Lowfat breakfast dish. May be baked ahead, refrigerated, and reheated at breakfast. It will take about 40 minutes to reheat. I use reduced-fat cheese. NONFAT doesn't melt enough!
Top Review by Annacia
I made a single serving in a ramekin and I really can't tell you how much I enjoyed this little gem of a recipe. I used old cheddar that really set of the eggs, bacon and mushrooms beautifully. This is very simple. This one is a keeper.
- 3 cups egg substitute (equivalent to 12 eggs)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 lb Canadian bacon, chopped
- 5 ounces low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup (1/2 can)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9- by 12-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions in margarine; set aside.
- Mix the soup with water; set aside.
- Pour half of egg substitute in bottom of dish. Layer onion and mushrooms, soup and Canadian bacon. Pour remaining egg substitute over all. Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and the dish is hot and set all of the way through; about 30 minutes.