Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Was posted on Facebook but was posted by a closed facebook group. It looked so yummy and didn't find the same recipe on here I'm adding it. Thanks John Hammer for posting.
- 1 (20 ounce) packagepre-shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 small sweet onion, coarsely grated
- 2 slices deli ham, thick slices, chopped into small bits (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dozen egg, scrambled*
- chives (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the first eight ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon potato mixture into each prepared muffin cup until about 1/3 full. Gently press the potato mixture down in the middle and up the sides of each cup. Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. If the nests have puffed up too much in the center, scoop out a little with a teaspoon.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of scramble eggs into each nest and top with chives.
I made this for my Sunday School group back in December. I thought I made more than enough but they just kept going back for more! This is a great recipe. The only modification I made was putting the uncooked scrambled eggs in before cooking and refrigerated it overnight so all I had to do was pop it in the oven the next morning.Thanks Sica.