Recipe by Seasoned Cook
GREAT with coffee! This snack cake has a smooth, flavorful texture. A wonderful item to have with fruit at breakfast or your morning break. Has a special cinnamon topping. Additions of 1/2 cup of blueberries or mini chocolate chips may be used. Quick to prepare!
Top Review by Chef on the coast
This recipe is a definite keeper! I made this in a 9x13 pan and am glad I did! It went really fast and not until the pan had about 1/3 left - did I remember to take a picture. :) All the family loved it as well as out of town company. Made for the October 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter with cream cheese. Stir in beaten eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Lightly mix in milk without beating or overstirring mixture.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan which has been greased.
- TOPPING: Mix butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.