Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
GREAT with coffee! This snack cake has a smooth, flavorful texture. A wonderful item to have with fruit at breakfast or your morning break. Has a special cinnamon topping. Additions of 1/2 cup of blueberries or mini chocolate chips may be used. Quick to prepare!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter with cream cheese. Stir in beaten eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Lightly mix in milk without beating or overstirring mixture.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan which has been greased.
- TOPPING: Mix butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
This recipe is a definite keeper! I made this in a 9x13 pan and am glad I did! It went really fast and not until the pan had about 1/3 left - did I remember to take a picture. :) All the family loved it as well as out of town company. Made for the October 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
Mmmm, this is such a creamy and custardy cake! I really luved the combination of vanilla in the dough and cinnamon in the topping. They match really well! The cake was easy to prepare, but mine took considerably longer to bake than stated (about 1 hour in total). I dont know if thats cause I used a different pan (heart shaped), but as I had the time to wait, this was ok. I decreased the sugar in the dough to 1/4 cup and in the topping as well, but thats just personal preference. The streusel topping was crunchy and tasty, but I had to add more flour to it, cause otherwise it would have been too buttery for my liking. Other than that I followed the recipe as written and it turned out so nice! Thanks so much for sharing this great cake recipe with us, SC! Ill surely make it again maybe adding in some fresh berries or cherries for a summery variation. This would be a wonderful birthday cake also! Made and reviewed for the Australian Tag Game July 09.