Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from BHG. A filling, hearty, give you lots of energy breakfast.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg (I use a couple of shakes)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (or walnuts, pecans, etc...)
- Add the milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the couscous.
- Cover and remove pan from the stove burner.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add in orange juice; fluff with a fork.
- In a small saucepan; add the cranberries, water, and honey.
- Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to pop; take pan off of stove burner.
- Gently stir in mandarin orange sections.
- Spoon couscous mixture into individual bowls.
- Tope with cranberry-orange mixture.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top.