Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice hot breakfast with not the usual ingredients
- 118.29 ml skim milk or 118.29 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml maple syrup
- 29.58 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml uncooked couscous
- ground cinnamon
- Heat milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and raisins in a saucepan over medium heat until hot and steamy. DO NOT BOIL!
- Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve warm.
It is pretty good, but the recipe is lacking in instructions as to what to do with the vanilla, raisins, and maple syrup. I just added them during the process.
A great, fast breakfast for kids and grown-ups! It was a tiny bit soupy, but I think I like it better that way than if it was too dry. It reminds me a bit of rice pudding-- but I like the couscous better!
This was really good. I discovered that I didn't like couscous after buying a rather large bag and it had been torture using it up until I found this recipe. Thanks!