Recipe by Buzymomof3
I as at the General's house for a brunch and these were so good I had to ask for the recipe! They're sweet and salty - a favorite combination of mine. My son asked me to make them the other day and I searched and couldn't find anything like them so figured I'd post it to keep the recipe alive. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by shan.marsh
These were great. But I would definitely cut the raisins in half as they were overwhelming and I wanted to taste the bacon more. :) Also, they get HUGE when you bake them, so keep the batter balls small. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- cook bacon till crisp - then break into small pieces.
- Beat together butter and sugar till fluffy, beat in egg, combine dry ingredients and mix into butter mixture.
- Add bacon, corn flakes, and raisins and stir in by hand.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto UNgreased cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 350 for 15 minutes. Cool 1 minutes, move to rack.