Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I really liked recipe number 102012 by Susan Lee but made so many changes I decided just to post it as new so it was easier for me instead of reading all the notes I made on the other one! A very yummy, healthy cookie with a softness about it. Enjoy.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricots or 1⁄4 cup prune
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Work with batter and form into 2-3 inch balls. (use about 1/4 c measuring cup to scoop batter).
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Use the bottom of a glass dipped in water to flatten.
- Bake about 8 minutes for soft cookies.
These are excellent! I've had this recipe in my file for months, and finally remembered to try it. These are satisfying and healthy at the same time. I did substitute sunflower seeds for half the flax seed because I didn't have enough flax seed, and I used dried cherries and apricots for the fruit. I will make these often now! Thanks for the great recipe:)