Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I really liked recipe number 102012 by Susan Lee but made so many changes I decided just to post it as new so it was easier for me instead of reading all the notes I made on the other one! A very yummy, healthy cookie with a softness about it. Enjoy.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricots or 1⁄4 cup prune
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Work with batter and form into 2-3 inch balls. (use about 1/4 c measuring cup to scoop batter).
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Use the bottom of a glass dipped in water to flatten.
- Bake about 8 minutes for soft cookies.