Recipe by Slocan cook
A very soft and chewy cookie with sunflower seeds and dried prunes to make a very high energy cookie to take with you on hikes or just eating at snack time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dried prune
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside
- In a medium size bowl combine flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda blending together well and then set aside
- Combine together granulated sugar and butter mixing until they form a paste
- Add eggs one at a time beating with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy
- Add the rolled oats, dried prunes and sunflower seeds to the wet mixture and combine well until thoroughly mixed together.
- Stir in the flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda and mix well to form a smooth dough
- Drop by teaspoonful onto the greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top
- Remove from cookie sheet and set on a wire rack to cool completely before storing in containers.