Recipe by Charmed
This is in reponse to a request for "Breakfast Munchies." I haven't tried it yet, but it does look interested and I plan to. I cannot remember where I found it. I did not include the 1 hour soaking time for the prunes in the time.
- 1 cup prunes, regular or 1 cup seedless prune
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons softened butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a cookie sheet or spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Soak the prunes in hot water for 1 hour.
- Drain and chop (and remove pits if they are not seedless).
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together and combine with the butter and sugar mixture.
- Blend and stir in the oatmeal, prunes and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with the coffee icing.
- For the Icing: Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water and then add the soft butter and vanilla.
- Sift the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.