This is in reponse to a request for "Breakfast Munchies." I haven't tried it yet, but it does look interested and I plan to. I cannot remember where I found it. I did not include the 1 hour soaking time for the prunes in the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup prunes, regular or 1 cup seedless prune
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease a cookie sheet or spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- 3Soak the prunes in hot water for 1 hour.
- 4Drain and chop (and remove pits if they are not seedless).
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- 7Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together and combine with the butter and sugar mixture.
- 8Blend and stir in the oatmeal, prunes and pecans.
- 9Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until light brown.
- 10Cool on a wire rack.
- 11Frost with the coffee icing.
- 12For the Icing: Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water and then add the soft butter and vanilla.
- 13Sift the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 79.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g