Recipe by Ann Marie F
Posted in response to a request for a recipe using granola. I ran across this recipe in a Bed & Breakfast guide. I have not made this so I'm guessing the prep time. Recipe courtesy of The Southern Hotel Genevieve, MO
Top Review by Ms B.
I used Grapenuts cereal for the granola cereal and decreased the sugar to 1/2 cup. I also didn't add the bacon to these cookies. They are a very wholesome cookie. The orange flavor is nice.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 lb quality country-style bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup soft-style margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, slowly mix together the ingredients in the order they are listed.
- Stir until well blended.
- Drop by the level Tbsp 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven immediately to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen.