Recipe by Pamela A.
I was searching for a healthy breakfast bar and couldn't find anything that sounded awesome, so I started experimenting with combinations of our favorite breakfast foods and ended up with these...I use as much organic food as possible, as few preservatives as I can, but this recipe is easy to alter to your preferences. Go ahead...experiment with different fruits.
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons organic flax seeds or 4 tablespoons chia seeds
Blend these well
- 1⁄3 cup raw honey (flavored honey is great too)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons homemade applesauce or 3 tablespoons organic applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Mix the above until well mixed with blender or mixer
- 1⁄2 fresh crisp apple, cubed small
- fresh fruit, of your choice small (we like blackberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the above into a bowl. The mix will be slightly more moist than a traditional cookie, but that's ok. We like them moist. Divide the mixture into 4 or 5 very large cookies, about 4 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. .