Recipe by Nala loves to eat
Yes, you heard me right! Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast? You can store these little gems in the freezer, for a quick portable breakfast treat. Serve them with a piece of fruit and yogurt tubes, or a glass of milk to help round out breakfast. Mix and match the optional ingredients to suit your taste. Some of the combination's we like: Yogurt chips, dried cranberries and coconut, Chocolate chips and raisins, Chopped apricots, toasted pecans and coconut.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups corn flakes (slightly crushed)
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flours and wheat germ. Stir in baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed butter/sugar mixture.
- Gently stir in the cereals.
- Now here comes the fun part! Experiment with the optional ingredients and find the right combination for your family!
- Drop by tablespoons onto cookies sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes, or until light golden.