Recipe by Born with a whisk
Fat Free/Low calorie cookie that helps you start your day!
Top Review by Lalaloula
Oh yum, these cookies are really, really yummy! They're moist, fruity and hearty. YUM!
I made half the recipe and ended up with 9 large cookies that were devoured instantly. ;)
I chose to caramelise my bananas in the microwave and added the optional raisins thus leaving out the sugar. I didnt need the milk and in place of quick-cooking oats I used what was on hand: rolled spelt. That worked out nicely and Ill definitely make these again. Thank you so much for sharing this keeper with us, born with a whisk!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray two baking sheets with cooking spray, or line them with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl until very well combined. Let this mixture stand for about 5-10 minutes to let the oats absorb some of the moisture from the wet ingredients. Using a heaping spoonful of batter for each cookie, drop batter onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving room for each cookie to “spread” slightly. Flatten with the bottom of a cup, as cookies do not spread like regular cookies. Bake for 15-20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- (1/2 cup raisins are optional).
- Serings differ due to size of bananas.