An easy refreshing breakfast smoothie that has enough protein to last all morning without hunger. CHOCOLATE, but can be made without chocolate with just a bit of tweaking. Fruit(s) used can be varied because most fruit goes better with chocolate... lol!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 banana, ripe & cut into pieces (reserve 3 slices for top garnish if desired)
- 1 cup ice, crushed or 6 -7 large ice cubes
- 1/2-3/4 cup vanilla low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup strong black coffee, cold (strong recommended, or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread or 1 tablespoon other nut butter
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons artificial sweetener, to taste (2 packets of choice... or non-sugar options)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping, top garnish (optional)
- 1Place all ingredients in the pitcher of a blender & PULSE until ice is cracked into small chunks.
- 2Then blend about a minute or two until smooth (and no ice chunks float to top of the smoothie).
- 3If any chunks survive to float to top, simply remove them.
- 4Pour into a large tumbler 12 ounce tumbler -- might have a little left over. Garnish with fruit and whipped cream if desired.
- 5Note: Other fruits can be used by substituting about 1 cup of fruit for the banana. Also can add 2T of soluble fiber if more fiber content is desired.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Chocolate Protein Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: