Recipe by katew
A Donna Hay recipe
Top Review by Lalaloula
Kate, these beans are incredibly tasty! They are slightly spicy (but not too hot) and so yummy! I really liked the coriander and chili in this, it made this dish special. I made some slight changes due to having to use up some things in my pantry: Instead of cannelini beans I used giant white beans and for the butter beans I substituted a local type of greenish beans. They are similar to lima beans. I will surely make this again as everybody enjoyed it so much! BIG THANKS for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag March 2010.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 (800 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 400 g can butter beans
- 400 g can cannellini beans
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil, onions, paprika, coriander, chilli, salt and pepper into medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or till onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes, simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add beans and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook 5 more minutes till beans are warmed through.
- Serve with toast.