Recipe by loof
A tasty breakfast casserole, great served with a fresh fruit salad.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is an fast and easy recipe to put together. I made one change and that was to use fat-free 1/2 & 1/2. It worked perfectly well in this dish. Instead of plain tomato sauce, I used a mild salsa with green chiles, and it gave it the kick that was needed. Very nice! Thank you for sharing your recipe.
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the half-and-half, eggs, and flour until smooth.
- Rinse and split the chilis. Starting with half of the chilis, dip each one in the flour mixture and place in a greased 8x8 baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Make another layer with the remaining chilis and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Pour the remaining flour mixture over top. Pour the tomato sauce over the flour mixture. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.