Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I adapted this from an old recipe for a lowfat cheesecake using sugar. Prep time does not include chilling time. When you get tired of eating eggs on the SB Diet, this will feel like a treat.
- 16 ounces low fat cottage cheese or 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 eggs
- granular sweetener equal to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend the cottage cheese for about a minute until perfectly smooth and free of lumps.
- Add yogurt and blend another minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend just to mix.
- Correct seasoning.
- Spray a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes or til set (insert a needle or small sharp knife that comes out clean).
- Let remain in turned off oven, with the oven door closed, until oven cools completely.
- Remove from oven; let cool on a rack.
- Chill for at least 12 hours.
The recipe was easy to put together and smelled amazing while it baked. BUT when it came time to eat it; it was like cold wet sand in your mouth. Very disappointing.