Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are great for the kids to grab and go to school with. They are also fun for the kids to make themselves.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (1/2 stick)
- 1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows (about 6 cups)
- 1 (13 ounce) packagepost Cocoa Pebbles cereal (cocoa or fruit-flavored puffed rice cereal) or 1 (13 ounce) packagepost Fruity Pebbles cereal (cocoa or fruit-flavored puffed rice cereal)
- 1 (16 ounce) canready to spread frosting (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- Lightly grease muffin pans.
- Microwave butter in a 4 quart microwavable bowl on high for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Add marshmallows, stirring to coat.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and smooth, stirring after 45 seconds.
- Add cereal; mix well to coat.
- Press cereal mixture firmly into prepared pans to form cupcakes using about 1/3 cup of the mixture.
- Cool and remove from pans.
- Frost just before serving if desired.
- Decorate as desired with the candy sprinkles.
- Store unfrosted cupcakes wrapped in a cool dry place.