Recipe by heatherhopecs
Adapted from a recipe found on paleoeffect.com. This would be great served for breakfast or brunch, but would also make a nice, hearty dinner when served with a salad or side of wilted greens.
- 2 small yams
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sausages, cooked (e.g. Chicken and Apple, or pork)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a glass 8×8 inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grate the yams and then place them in the bottom of the greased dish.
- Chop the onion and sausage.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion in the oil; season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- Layer the sausage and onion on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Put the eggs, sage, milk, ½ tsp of sea salt and ½ tsp of pepper into a blender and mix thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture on top of the sausage and onions.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.