1 hr 15 mins
Napoleon Dynamite's Note:
Adapted from a recipe found on paleoeffect.com. This would be great served for breakfast or brunch, but would also make a nice, hearty dinner when served with a salad or side of wilted greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a glass 8×8 inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Grate the yams and then place them in the bottom of the greased dish.
- 3Chop the onion and sausage.
- 4Heat 2 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- 5Saute the onion in the oil; season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- 6Layer the sausage and onion on top of the sweet potatoes.
- 7Put the eggs, sage, milk, ½ tsp of sea salt and ½ tsp of pepper into a blender and mix thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture on top of the sausage and onions.
- 8Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Casserole (Paleo)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.7
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 222.0 mg
- Sodium 412.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 16.2 g