Recipe by Aunt Dawn
A great holiday breakfast casserole that may be made the night before and baked in the morning. This recipe came from Sue Schuler. I made it for Christmas and it was scrumptious!
Top Review by lauralie41
This is quick and easy, great brunch casserole. Left the mushrooms out and used hash browns instead of potato slices. Next time I will add a bit more cheese and seasonings. Overall a great recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground pork breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen potato slices
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- extra cheese, in the casserole
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sausage in a skillet over med-high heat, and cook until evenly brown.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and milk.
- Stir in the sausage and mushrooms.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix in the frozen potato rounds & extra cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additonal 10 min.
- or until cheese is melted.