Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great holiday breakfast casserole that may be made the night before and baked in the morning. This recipe came from Sue Schuler. I made it for Christmas and it was scrumptious!
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground pork breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen potato slices
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- extra cheese, in the casserole
- Place sausage in a skillet over med-high heat, and cook until evenly brown.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and milk.
- Stir in the sausage and mushrooms.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix in the frozen potato rounds & extra cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additonal 10 min.
- or until cheese is melted.
This is quick and easy, great brunch casserole. Left the mushrooms out and used hash browns instead of potato slices. Next time I will add a bit more cheese and seasonings. Overall a great recipe!