Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A twist on the usual Jimmy Dean breakfast casserole.
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano (usually with basil or oregano and garlic)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled (any heat)
- 3⁄4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a hot skillet cook tomatoes, potatoes, sausage and pepper until heated.
- Add butter & melt.
- Add egg mixed with milk and salt and pepper.
- Let cook 1-2 minutes.
- Place in a 13x9x2-inch greased pan; sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes or until egg is done.
Very nice flavor but a bit too tomato for my likeing. However to be fair to the recipe I cut it back to two servings and this may have caused the extra tomato. This can be a "Do Ahead" recipe. Just take it to the point where you are going to add eggs, when ready to finish the recipe have it in an oven proof skillet, heat the tomato/sausage mixture, heat add eggs, cook 2 minutes put in 350f oven with the cheese on top and you have your caserole ready in 10-15 minutes. I used Hot Italian sausage and served Ciabatta rolls to sop up the sauce - very nice Thanks Shawn C