1/5 Photos of Breakfast Casserole in the Crock Pot
6 hrs 30 mins
Chef Emanuela's Note:
Cooks while you sleep! Sounds perfect for a Sunday morning or holidays and great for company! Some fun variations of this recipe. Before cooking (during prep) you can add: chunks of sourdough bread, diced chilies, salsa, diced green onions. Serve hot with a glass of orange juice and a side of toast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
- 2Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
- 3Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
- 4Add the milk.
- 5Go ahead and sprinkle in the ground mustard. This might sound like a weird ingredient, but I've come to love (and use) this in most of my recipes.
- 6Add plenty of salt -- and lots of fresh pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- 7Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
- 8Add sausage on top of hash browns.
- 9Is this enough cheese? Maybe? Probably. Throw the whole big bag in there.
- 10Mix it up well. Or good, depending on where you're from.
- 11Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crock pot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out so it's spread evenly.
- 12Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Casserole in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.7
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 373.6 mg
- Sodium 1306.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 34.2 g