Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is from S. L.'s All Time Favorite Recipes, and I've got to agree, it's one of the best breakfast treats I've had. Great for company.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 10 white bread, sliced cubed (6 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- Place bread cubes evenly in 6 lightly greased 8 oz. individual baking dishes or ramekins; sprinkle bread evenly with cheese, and top with sausage.
- Whisk together eggs and next four ingredients; pour evenly over sausage mixture. Cover and chill casseroles for 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Love this casserole. We used leftover French bread for a little bit different taste. Made for PAC Fall 2012. -- Served again on Christmas morning and great again!