Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Had this recipe saved for a while from the web. Looks good, and a little different from other breakfast casseroles I have seen (including a bit smaller as it is not in a 9x13 pan as many I see).
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, cubed (or shredded)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spray 9" pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine eggs, onion, thyme, salt and pepper and beat well.
- Stir in potatoes, cheese, ham and green pepper.
- Pour into pie plate and bake 40 to 45 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven (or until set).
- Garnish with sliced tomato slices and serve.
So simple and so good. I made this as directed and used shredded hashbrowns. I love that this is made in a pie pan so that it makes a smaller casserole than the standard ones you find. Thanks iewe for a new keeper. Made for 123 Tag.
I needed a quick and easy casserole to make on Christmas morning and this really fit the bill! Simple to prepare, baked nicely in the stated amount of time, and leftovers reheated in the microwave without drying out. My family liked it so much I made it again 2 days later!!
Denver omelets are my favorite and this casserole was very good. I used dried minced onion, shredded hash browns, and couldnt find shredded swiss so I used slices that I cut into thirds. Liked the tomato sliced on top and not warm in the cassrole. Thank you iewe for posting this recipe, a very nice find. :) Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2009.