Recipe by Danny Beason
Just like going out for breakfast but at home, family friend gave me this.
Top Review by katrinepa2
Very good, and easy to make. I used Italian loaf bread, Sharp Cheddar cheese, hot bulk sausage, and just a few splashes of Picante Sauce:) Made for my BF for Father's Day, and he had three helpings!<br/><br/>A real winner
- 1⁄2 lb hot pork sausage, cooked
- 6 cups white bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cheese (cheddar or other yellow cheese)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup picante sauce (Pace is good)
- Place cooked and crumbled sausage into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Put bread over sausage; then cheese over bread.
- Mix eggs, milk and picante sauce and pour over everything.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.