Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This make ahead casserole is perfect for those overnight guests.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk, scalded and cooled slightly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bread, buttered and cubed
- 2⁄3 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl stirring until blended.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Fluffy, This was also a very good breakfast casserole,we found it hard to choose,we have been trying a lot of breakfast casseroles,and this one and one by Merlot was VERY good,thanks for a good recipe. Darlene Summers
This casserole was perfect for our Easter morning breakfast! We wanted something light to hold us over before the big dinner and this was a hit! It came out light and fluffy with lots of flavor. Plus, it's made the night before so, all we had to do was toss it in the oven in the morning and it was ready to go while we got everything ready for Easter dinner! Thank you for sharing!!!
This was very good, my entire family enjoyed this. We used maple bacon and also maple sausage. It was even better the next morning.