Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Super simple but delicious breakfast casserole. I threw in some cooked onion and cooked broccoli that I sauteed in butter for some extra flavor, but the recipe is posted as written. Recipe courtesy of Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook and Shirley Hinh of Wayland, IA.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb Little Smokies sausages (browned and drained) or 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage (browned and drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bread, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mix together all ingredients except cheese.
- Pour into greased slow cooker.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover and cook 2 hours on High o 1 hour on Low.