Recipe by RecipeNut
We make this the night before and breakfast for Christmas is ready in a snap. Served with hash browns, juice and coffee and your not spending all morning in the kitchen.
Top Review by PAULAJEAN
My whole family loved this. That doesn't happen too often. I used sausage but will try the bacon next time. I will be doing this for Christmas morning Can't wait to have it again! Fabulous!!
- 7 slices white bread
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, thinly diced and fried crisp
- 1⁄2 lb mild sausage, fried crisp
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crusts from bread, cut into cubes, cover bottom of a 12x7" casserole and sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat eggs, add milk and mix well.
- Stir salt, pepper and dry mustard into the egg mixture, add bacon and sausage, stirring until well blended.
- Pour over cheese, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning put in a 350F oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.