1/1 Photo of Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Childrens Minister's Note:
Breadless and Delicious! Serve with fruit for a breakfast everyone is sure to love. Men and women both love this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces julienned ham or 8 ounces sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten (you can use egg substitute accordingly)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place cheese in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- 3Place half of the cheese blend in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole and spread evenly.
- 4In a medium skillet, melt butter, add mushrooms, green onions, and peppers cooking until onion and pepper are tender.
- 5Arrange vegetables over cheese evenly.
- 6Arrange ham or sausage over vegetables evenly.
- 7Add remaining cheese evenly over meat.
- 8Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- 9in a large bowl using wire whisk, blend flour, milk, parsley, and eggs; pour over layers in dish.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until set and lightly brown.
- 11Let stand for 10 minutes (to let egg and cheese set).
- 12Cut into squares.
- 13NOTE: To make ahead, complete recipe upto adding Custard mixture.
- 14Stop after topping with last half of cheese.
- 15Cover and place in refrigerator over night.
- 16Next morning prepare custard and bake accordingly.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 706.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 23.9 g