Breadless and Delicious! Serve with fruit for a breakfast everyone is sure to love. Men and women both love this recipe.
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces julienned ham or 8 ounces sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten (you can use egg substitute accordingly)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cheese in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place half of the cheese blend in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole and spread evenly.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter, add mushrooms, green onions, and peppers cooking until onion and pepper are tender.
- Arrange vegetables over cheese evenly.
- Arrange ham or sausage over vegetables evenly.
- Add remaining cheese evenly over meat.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- in a large bowl using wire whisk, blend flour, milk, parsley, and eggs; pour over layers in dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until set and lightly brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes (to let egg and cheese set).
- Cut into squares.
- NOTE: To make ahead, complete recipe upto adding Custard mixture.
- Stop after topping with last half of cheese.
- Cover and place in refrigerator over night.
- Next morning prepare custard and bake accordingly.